Our travel insurance plans just got a little better.
HCC Medical, one of our primary insurance carriers, recently announced improved benefits to their Atlas insurance plans. These are short-term plans for individuals and groups traveling abroad between 4-364 days.
The most significant update is the addition of a new trip delay benefit. That benefit will pay a policyholder $100 per day for up to two days when you experience a 12-hour delay that results in an unplanned overnight stay.
That could come in handy.
Other updates to the Atlas travel insurance plan include:
- The emergency medical evacuation benefit increased from $500,000 to $1,000,000.
- The acute onset of pre-existing conditions benefit increased to match medical coverage maximum
- A new pet return benefit was added. It pays up to $1,000 to return a pet home if a policyholder is hospitalized.
- The lost checked luggage benefit was increased from $250 to $500.
- A new bedside visit benefit was added, which enables a family member to visit if the policyholder is admitted to an ICU.
These benefits are included in both individual travel insurance plans and for group travel insurance plans.
If you’re traveling abroad, you’ll find these plans to be surprisingly inexpensive.